The next post will show how I got to this particular idea – yeah, I know how revolutionary it is, why didn’t anyone else do it first?
I have worked out how to add a few new goodies to the site:
- A new page with links to other blogs and websites that I use.
- Some of those links are in the form of banners (yeah, I know how clever I am :P) which are just basically images that you put a hyperlink on.
For me, these links and banners are a way of trying to get some traffic through to my (currently) very small stock photography portfolio. When my blog is HUGE, I will have more money than my cat.
My cat stretching and grinning.
GOAL NUMBER ONE
Make one – yes, just one – post each week for a month. This won’t include mucking around behind the scenes with the appearance etc, but it will include adding any content – be it words or images.
Ok. So I am making my first ever blog post. I work as a teacher-librarian and I play as a photographer, so sharing is a big part of what I do every day. The content of this blog will revolve mostly around photography, but I also plan on writing down (typing in?) all of the little things that come up when blogging and how, as a first time blogger, I go with the tasks and goals I set.
Today I have:
- Changed the header image: it is a photo I took in the Blue Mountains (Australia). The blue door fits in perfectly with my current project – see below.
- Changed the background colour to a pale yellow. I am aiming for a “retro” theme for the site and, after some research, have found that pale colours are a feature of the retro feel.
- Added a new “Colour” menu where I plan on adding images from my current photographic project – Man-made Colour: photos of things that are man made, where colour, shape, line and texture.